1 May 2016

1st May 2016 - Amoris Laetitia (the Joy of Love): Prof Eamonn Conway discuss the Joy of Love with SS102fm

On this weeks programme John and Shane are joined by Fr Eamonn Conway from Mary Immaculate College Limerick to discuss Pope Francis apostolic exhoratation Amoris Laetitia.
 
On the blog we have links to reflections to this weeks gospel reflections and of course our regular liturgical odds and ends.
 
You can listen to the podcast of the full programme HERE.
 
Amoris Laetitia: A discussion with Fr Eamonn Conway
 
On this weeks programme we are joined by Fr Eamonn Conway of the Theology Department of Mary Immaculate College in Limerick to reflect and discuss the latest papal post-synodal apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia: the Joy of Love. The exhortation from Pope Francis is a result of the two meetings of the Synods of Bishops in Rome in 2014 and 2015 on the family. It frequently cites their final Reports, documents and teachings of his predecessors, and his own numerous catecheses on the family. In addition, as in previous magisterial documents, the Pope also makes use of the contributions of various Episcopal Conferences around the world (Kenya, Australia, Argentina...) and cites significant figures such as Martin Luther King and Erich Fromm.
 
You can listen to Fr Eamonn's discussion excerpted from the main programme here.

His reflection takes us through each section of the apostolic exhortation where once more we see how Pope Francis is calling us to the "revolution of tenderness" throughout the church. To enable us to read the document some of the keys are missionary key or that sense of urgency which we need to have in the church at this minute in time. It re-echoes the model of the church as a field hospital for those that are wounded. In this Year of Mercy Fr Eamonn reminds us that mercy is a bending of the heart to the situations where we find the woundedness of others.
 
"Accompanying, discerning and integrating our weaknesses" - Fr Eamonn's quite profound reflection and challenge on section 8 of the apostolic exhortation can be listened to here.
 
Our previous post on the publication of the apostolic exhortation including round up of links, commentary and a synopsis from the Vatican is HERE.
 
Gospel - John 17:20-26
Jesus said, "”I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
 
Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. “Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
 
Reflections on this weeks gospel:

Liturgical odds & ends

Liturgy of the Hours - psalter week 2; 6th week of Easter

Saints of the Week

May 2nd - St Athanasius
May 3rd - St Philip & St James
May 4th - St Conleth of Kildare
May 5th - Bl Edmund Rice
May 6th - Saint Francis de Montmorency Laval (First Friday)
May 7th - Blessed Jan Eugeniusz Bajewski
May 8th - Ascension of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.