24 Jul 2013

WYD2013 - "I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ! - Pope Francis arrival in Brazil


"I have learned that, to gain access to the Brazilian people, it is necessary to pass through its great heart; so let me knock gently at this door. I ask permission to come in and spend this week with you. I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ! I have come in his name, to feed the flame of fraternal love that burns in every heart; and I wish my greeting to reach one and all: The peace of Christ be with you!"

"I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ! I have come in his name, to feed the flame of fraternal love that burns in every heart; and I wish my greeting to reach one and all: The peace of Christ be with you!"

Pope Francis address at the formal welcome reception on arriving in Brazil

Full text available here.



 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.