16 Apr 2016

17th April 2016 - Vocation Sunday - UPDATED

On this weeks programme John and Shane are joined by Fr Leslie McNamara to reflect on Vocation Sunday. We have our regular reflection on the Sunday gospel as well as some other liturgical odds and ends.

You can listen to the podcast of this weeks programme HERE.

Vocation Sunday

On this weeks programme we are joined by Fr Leslie McNamara, the Diocesan Director for Vocations for Limerick Diocese.

Fr Leslie reflects on vocation and especially the vocation to the diocesan priesthood. He shares the process of discernment and training that candidates and seminarians undergo.

You can listen to the interview with Fr Leslie excerpted from the main programme HERE.

You can find out more about vocations on the Limerick diocesan website here.
UPDATE
Back in March 2015 we had an interview with Br Conor McDonagh OP about his vocation journey. This week on iCatholic there is an interview with him. You might keep Conor and his confreres in your prayers as he is due to be ordained priest this summer:




Gospel - John
 

Shepherd of my soul

Jesus said: ‘The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me."

This week as a diocese, we have been listening for Gods voice. One of the beautiful aspects of our Synod process was having Jessie Rogers continually draw us back from debate into discernment, from chat into silence. Before we spoke in our small groups, there was always a moments pause. From this still place we could enter into the conversation.

In our own lives we can be so busy. We squeeze God into the noise and debate of everyday life, and wonder why its hard to hear Gods will in our lives. Jessie reminded us this weekend, that in order to hear, one must listen! In order to know Gods voice, one needs to become quiet and listen.

So this weekend we pray for a listening ear, so that we can sing this hymn from our heart:
Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Be it in a quiet pasture or by a gentle stream,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

 
Other reflections on this weeks gospel:

Word on Fire
Sunday Reflections
Centre for Liturgy
English Dominicans
 
Liturgical odds & ends

Liturgy of the Hours - psalter week 4

Saints of the Week
April 18th - Saint Laserian of Leighlin
April 19th - Saint Gerold of Saxony
April 20th - Blessed Maurice Mackenraghty
April 21st - St Anselm
April 22nd - Blessed Francis of Fabriano
April 23rd - Saint George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.